was

I was busy + (verb-ing)


When using the word 'was', you are referring to something in a past tense, or something that happened before. Combining it with the word 'busy' you can express something that was occupying you in a past time.


Here are some examples:

"I was busy thinking."
"I was busy working."
"I was busy cooking dinner."
"I was busy talking on the phone."
"I was busy cleaning the house."
"I was busy studying for my test."
"I was busy thinking of ideas for our website."
"I was busy entertaining our neighbors."
"I was busy completing my housework."
"I was busy learning new things."

By changing 'was' to 'am' you change your message from past tense to present tense and refer to something you are doing 'now.'

Here are some examples:

"I am busy working."
"I am busy cooking dinner."
"I am busy studying for my test."
"I am busy completing housework."
"I am busy talking on the phone."


I was about to + (verb)

When stating 'I was about to' you are informing someone that you are going to be doing something at that moment or in the very near future.

Here are some examples:

"I was about to go out."
"I was about to go to dinner."
"I was about to go to bed."
"I was about to go to work."
"I was about to say the same thing."
"I was about to call you."
"I was about to send you an email."
"I was about to mow my grass."
"I was about to order us some drinks."
"I was about to watch television."


How was + (noun)

By using the words 'how was' you are asking someone a question about something that happened or something they did in the past.

Here are some examples:

"How was your meeting?"
"How was your doctor's appointment?"
"How was the birthday party?"
"How was lunch?"
"How was the airplane ride?"
"How was vacation?"
"How were your parents?"
"How were roads when you drove home?"
"How were people acting after what happened?"
"How were holidays with the family?"



Ετικέτες

Post a Comment

[blogger]

Author Name

Φόρμα επικοινωνίας

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.